When you shop at an independently owned business, your entire community benefits:
- Spend €100 at a local and €68 of that stays in your community. Spend the same €100 at a national chain, and your community only sees €43.
- Local businesses create higher-paying jobs for our neighbours.
- More of your taxes are reinvested in your community–where they belong.
- Buying local means less packaging, less transportation, and a smaller carbon footprint.
- Shopping in a local business district means less infrastructure, less maintenance, and more money to beautify your community.
- Local retailers are your friends and neighbors—support them and they’ll support you.
- Local businesses donate to charities at more than twice the rate of national chains.
- More independents means more choice, more diversity, and a truly unique community.