BOOKS ARE MY BAG 2015
BOOKS ARE MY BAG is a nationwide campaign to celebrate bookshops. This collaboration between publishers, bookshops and authors is the biggest ever promotion of bookshops. For many people bookshops conjure fond images of book readings, in-store cafes and delight at the discovery of a new author. And in fact 56% of all book buying decisions are made by consumers in a bookshop, but we must continue to celebrate – and shop in! – our high street bookshops so they are not under threat.
Why Buy Books in Your Local Bookshop?
- You love books
- You may be about to make a purchase you’ll value for the rest of your life
- You’ll be shopping on your local high street
- You’ll be helping create local jobs
- You might just find a book you never knew existed
- You’ll find great gifts for friends and family
- You can talk to real people about books they know and love
- You’ll be part of your local book-loving community
LIMITED EDITION BAG DESIGNED BY GRAYSON PERRY FOR THE 2015 CAMPAIGN.
Turner Prize-winning British artist Grayson Perry has designed the 2015 BOOKS ARE MY BAG tote bag, available exclusively to bookshops. Over 200 shops are stocking the bag, which has been produced in a limited edition of 4,000 bags. This bag will retail at €15 and due to its limited nature we will have a few so if you would like one pop into us on Saturday.